It was founded on October 20, 1915 by Provincial Decree 664, by means of which the department’s head was appointed. This is the date considered as the anniversary of the district.
The first authorities settled down in what today is known as Casa de Piedra. Back then, it was called Rucachoroy. It lies just 4 kilometers away from the spot where the City of Aluminé stands today.
The Justice of Peace and the Civil Registry worked there since 1905 to 1914 and the police station from 1906 to 1916. Afterwards, they were moved. The first neighbors’ association was created in 1926.
As far as the first settlers are concerned, we can mention that in 1904 Cristian Joubert and his family settled down near the area known as Maipen, where one of his children lived later on.
Among many pioneers, don Juan Benigar, born in Croatia on December 23, 1883, is worth mentioning. He arrived in Argentina in 1908. In 1910, he married a native from La Pampa who was related to the Catriel Dynasty, doña Eufemia Sheypuquin Barraza. They had 6 sons and 5 daughters. All their descendants lived in the district.
In 1925, he resolved to change his place of residence as a result of an invitation made by writer Felix de San Martín. Therefore, he established himself in the area called Quila Chanquil.
After his wife’s death, he was forced to abandon this place and moved to Pulmarí for a while. He settled down for good at Poi Pucón (5 kilometers away from Aluminé). Today, his eldest son, don Ñancu Benigar, lives there.
It is clear then that there is no particular founder of this town, but the endeavor of these men and many others whose work, as well as that of their families, has been extremely important led to the steady and constant growth of Aluminé.