A clear and accurate way of learning about the various cultural and historical processes undergone by Patagonia.
Francisco P. Moreno Museum is housed by the East wing of the Civic Center in the City of Bariloche and it was inaugurated on March, 17, 1940, as a tribute to one of the greatest men who toured around the Andes and Patagonia in general and donated the lands for the first national park in Argentina to the National Executive Branch of government.
The National Parks Administration purchased the first anthropological and historical collection displayed in the venue from the former first head of the Francisco P. Moreno Museum, Mr. Enrique Amadeo Artayeta.
The museum includes one hall for temporary shows and an auditorium where visitors may find further information about the museum. Besides, there is a laboratory where museographic alternatives are researched. The latter grants more dynamics to the institution and summons new visitors.
Duration: 2 hours
Timetables: Tuesdays thru Fridays from 10.00am to 12.30pm and from 2.00pm to 7.00pmSaturdays from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Recommendations: in order to understand the venue more accurately, we recommend that you visit the museum in the company of a guide. Ask about schedules.
Contact: De la Patagonia Francisco P. Moreno
Centro Cívico (8400) San Carlos de Bariloche, Río Negro, Argentina Tel: +54 294-4422309