Located on the island and in the town bearing the same name, its history dates back to a first chapel worshipping Jesús Nazareno in 1734. Another document quotes the construction of the church in 1778, which displayed the image of the Nazareno coming from Spain.
Later on, in 1880, a new temple was raised. It was destroyed by a fire which gave way to its present construction in 1925 by the communities in the area.
Its patron saint is Jesús Nazareno and its feast is held on August 30.