Llanquihue History and Legends


Llanquihue's history started around 1852 when the first German colonists settled there and enabled a port to communicate with Puerto Varas. The river Maullín originates in the proximities of the little village,draining the lake, and that is the reason why at the beginning it was called Desagüe, but in 1897 this name was changed by Llamquihue.
Town Hall was created in 1968, and powerful agro industrial plants were installed to process milk and other products.

Organiza tu viaje con: welcomeargentina.com | welcomeuruguay.com | welcomechile.com